Friday, January 15, 2010

style god

Just a quick vent of what's racing through my head:
Don't let style become a god. Ive noticed how easily it is to make a god out of something without even realizing it. Like a frog in cool water in a pot. He'll stay there, and as you turn up the heat, he doesn't realize the temperature change, because it is very subtle. The next thing you know...he's boiling. lol (not really funny) If you care about how you look, we should all care to a certain extent, but if you make it such a high priority, it is really easy to start worshiping "self image". How much time do we spend thinking of God,or worshiping Him with our thoughts and everyday life? How much time do we spend trying to look cool? I'm not saying don't look "stylish", I'm just saying be careful that you don't make it into a god.
There are other things in life that can easly become god's in our lives: facebook, food, shopping, our own selves. I mean its easy, I guess, to become self absourbed, our souls are contained within our earthly body. K, I'm rambling (I really dislike that word), I'll stop for now.

"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of ANYTHING in heaven above or earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments." -God. From Deuteronomy Ch. 5

No comments:

Post a Comment